I use a Mirrorless camera 90% of the time for my Street Hunting. The other 10% is split into 35mm film Rangefinder cameras and my iPhone. This is not by chance. Mirrorless cameras have many advantages in Street Photography and we will talk about the most important ones below. Before we get into that though, I would like to tell you in simple words what a Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera is and give you a few examples.
A MILC (Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera) is a camera that does not need a mirror to work, as a DSLR does. It uses interchangeable lenses, unlike digital compact cameras and usually has a large image sensor, from Nikon CX, to m4/3 to full frame. A few good examples of MILCs are the SONY NEX System, the Leica Digital M System, the Olympus OM-D, The Fuji X System and more. So, from the above description you can understand that for example the very popular Fuji X100S is not a MILC since it doesn’t offer the option of changing lenses, but on the contrary the Fuji X-Pro1 is a MILC because it works without a mirror and works around an interchangeable lens system.