ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Gareth Watkins’ Camera bag! (Bag No189)
My name is Gareth Watkins, originally from the UK, I have spent most of my life in France. For many years I was a staff photographer for Reuters in Paris. After over 20 years in the press, I left the business in 2000. These days I take pictures for myself.
In news, we used big heavy cameras, Nikon F3’s in the film days and large Canon DSLR’s for digital with large zoom lenses. For my own work, I prefer lighter gear. I use Fuji Xpro2’s with 23mm F2 and 50mm F2 lenses, giving me 35mm & 75mm full-frame equivalent. I also have the 35mm F2 and 18mm F2. (50mm & 28mm).
My bag of choice is a Wotancraft Trooper medium and is kind of my man bag… with 2x cameras, batteries, and some SD cards in a case. It is a light set up I carry everywhere.
My camera bag contains:”
- 2x Fuji Xpro 2 bodies
- 50mm f2
- 23mm f2
- 6x batteries
- 2x extra SD cards
- Credit cards/business cards, wallet (possibly my passport if traveling)
- Pens, Swiss Army knife, Opinel folding knife,
- Face masks and hand sanitizer.
“Merci, Thank you, Diolch yn fawr”
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / himself to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150-word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor-shot, taken from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR Facebook page OR Instagram OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at firstname.lastname@example.org! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.