ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Nico Ouburg’s Camera bag! (Bag No162)
My name is Nico Ouburg. Photographing people fascinated me from an early age; when I discovered the work of Ed van der Elsken I realised why. The key to the fascination is life itself. Even so, photography has not been an important aspect of my life for long. Actually, it only became a passion when I bought a digital camera in 2006.
Initially, I called myself a street photographer, but later I realised that I prefer to photograph people. No spectacular street photos, but rather the minor moments of life itself to which you as the observer can add the background.
I am an autodidact, as a photographer I search for my own path by scrutinising the work of others. Today’s photographers who inspire me are Rui Palha, Garry Winogrand , Alex Webb and Vivian Maier. And of course Ed, with his view of life itself.
In my bag:”
- Think Tank Retrospective 7 bag
- Fujifilm X100S
- Fujifilm Wide Conversion Lens WCL-X100
- Extra batteries
- Nikon D4S
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- BlackRapid Sport Breathe camera strap
- reading glasses
- business cards
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at email@example.com! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.