Street Hunt No 26 – Street Photography in Cambridge
Dear Streethunters.net Readers hello!
Today I am happy to present to you our latest Street Hunt video, Street Hunt No26 that we shot in Cambridge, UK!
Older Street Hunt Videos
Before I continue, I would like to list all previous Street Hunt videos, in reverse order, for your convenience just in case you have missed them:
- Street Hunt No25 – The 3rd Annual Street Hunters Meeting in London & the LSPF
- Street Hunt No24 – Street Photography In Rethymno, Crete with Anastasia Nazare
- Street Hunt No23 – Street Photography In Athens With Greg Antikian
- Street Hunt No22 – Street Photography With The Ricoh Gr And The Fujifilm X70
- Street Hunt No21 – The 2nd Annual Street Hunters Meeting In London
- Street Hunt No20 – Flash Street Photography In Rethymno, Greece
- Street Hunt No19 – Street Photography In Rethymno, Greece
- Street Hunt No18 – Street Photography In Thessaloniki, Greece
- Street Hunt No17 – Street Photography In Rome, Italy
- Street Hunt No16 – Street Photography In Istanbul, Turkey
- Street Hunt No15 – The 1st Annual Street Hunters Meeting In London
- Street Hunt No14 – An Off Camera Flash Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No13 – An Off Camera Flash Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No12 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial Shot In Hamburg, Germany
- Street Hunt No11 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial Shot In Iraklio, Crete
- Street Hunt No10 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No9 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No8 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No7 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No6 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No5 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No4 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No3 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No2 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Spyros Papaspyropoulos On A Street Hunt For Www.Streethunters.Net
Last August I was in the UK for the 3rd Annual Street Hunters Meeting and the London Street Photography Festival (LPSF). You can read more about his experience in my blog post “My trip to the UK, the 3rd Annual Street Hunters Meeting and the LSPF” and the “Street Hunt No25 – The 3rd Annual Street Hunters Meeting in London & the LSPF” post and video. While I was in the UK this time I recorded 2 videos though. Today I am going to share with you the unseen (up to today) video that myself and guest Street Hunter John Hughes shot in Cambridge a few days before the London meeting. I really hope you enjoy it!
The Day We Filmed The Street Hunt #26 In Cambridge
I was staying at John’s place in Bury for a few days before the London meetup. The day of the Street Hunt we made sure to get up early, and have a healthy, filling breakfast to get all energised and get ready for the recording. Both John and I were very excited about this video! I had never again recorded a Street Hunt in Cambridge and John hadn’t appeared in a Street Hunt video since Street Hunt No15 – The 1st Annual Street Hunters Meeting In London. Anyway, after grabbing a bite, we walked to the bus station and hopped on a bus. Destination: Cambridge!
The previous day we had shot in Cambridge together with Street Hunter and editor of streethunters.net Digby Fullam, so I had already got a taste of that beautiful city. As a result, I was more prepared to focus on my street photography rather than the sites as I did the day before. I had already walked around the well known parts of Cambridge and had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do. The day started at a lovely park as you will see in the video. John and I discussed the topic of patience in Street Photography and the importance of waiting at a location to catch ‘the decisive moment’. Following our small introduction we made a few shots and then headed into town. During the walk we discussed John’s work and his romantic approach to street photography which shows through in his his style, and we also talked about influences, gear and other interesting topics, but I will not divulge everything now. Watch the video and see for yourselves!
In this video I am using my favourite setup which is my good old Fujifilm X-Pro1 with my all-time favourite lens, the ever reliable XF18mm that is equivalent to a 28mm full frame lens. In addition I am using the Yongnuo YN560 Speedlite flash. For my off-camera flashing, I am using a cable to connect my flashgun to my camera.
To record the video I have mounted a Sony ActionCam HDR-AS15 onto my camera’s hotshoe using a tripod to hotshoe adaptor that can easily be purchased on eBay or Amazon.
The Street Hunt lasted all day. We visited most popular areas of Cambridge and made quite a few shots. I have managed to squeeze our experience into a 23 minute video. I think that it is just long enough for you to enjoy your favourite beverage and a tasty snack while watching! Maybe a slice or two of pizza and a cold one?
So time to get comfortable and sit back to view our latest street hunt video shot in Cambridge, UK!
The Collection Of Images
If you want to check out each photo I have uploaded every image I shot in a dedicated Dropbox Album called Street Hunt 26.
View Spyros Papaspyropoulos’ Photos Here
Additionally you can also view the photos made by Street Hunters that attended the meeting and wanted to share:
View John Hughes’ Photos Here
More On The Street Hunters YouTube Channel
On our Street Hunters YouTube channel we also offer the Street Talk series and more interesting videos we recommend you take a look at.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
The Street Hunt Video
NOTE: If the video doesn’t work in the website directly, please visit the Street Hunters YouTube channel to watch.