ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Marcelo Davera’s Camera bag! (Bag No147)
I’m a Brazilian photographer living in São Paulo. I’m 48 and started on photography about 30 years ago, but I’ve been taking street photography more seriously since 2012. I have two basic setups:
- When I leave the house exclusively to shoot, I usually take my bag with a D610 and two lenses, an old Nikkor AF 24mm 2.8 and a Sigma 24-70mm 2.8. The first one is lighter and covers most of my needs and the Sigma is a good alternative when I can’t get close enough to my subject. Eventually (but rarely, I must admit) I put in the bag my FM2 loaded with an Ilford ISO 400 film roll.
- When commuting or walking due to work (I have to walk a lot while working), I take a small Canon G12 in my backpack or carry it in a small Lowepro case attached to my belt.
What is in my bag:
- Bag Tamrac postman style (don’t know the model). It’s big enough for a DSLR and two lenses or one lens and the FM2.
- Nikon D610. It’s bulky and heavy, but I’m used to it.
- Sigma 24-70mm 2.8. A very versatile lens.
- Nikkor 24mm 2.8 lens.
- Nikon FM2. My first good camera. It’s with my for 30 years, now and it still works great. Usually with a Nikon 35mm 2.8 lens attached.
- Canon G12. Small, light and discreet.
- Lowepro small case for the G12.
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at firstname.lastname@example.org! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.