ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside William J. Simpson’s Camera bag! (Bag No142)
Hello fellow Street Hunters,
My name is William J Simpson, (the J stands for Jack) hence being affectionately known in most street photography circles as @jackthestreet. I currently live in Napa California however most of my street work has been done in San Francisco and abroad when travelling. I am a San Francisco Paramedic by trade so cruising the city by ambulance all day allows me to make mental notes of places where the light and setting are ripe for interesting photographs when off duty. I shoot both digital and film and only prime lenses; the 27mm and 23mm being my two favorites. I am drawn to shooting oddities in the environment, minimalism, bold colors, low angles and abstract alignment of subject and background – but this is forever changing and part of what makes street photography so enjoyable.
The contents of my camera bag are:
- Fujifilm XT1
- Canon AE1
- Fujifilm 27mm 2.8 pancake, my most frequently used lens
- Fujifilm 23mm 1.4 (not pictured, I shot this photo with it on my other xt1)
- Fujifilm XF 18-55mm 2.8-4 (pictured, but rarely used for street work nowadays)
- Sigma MINI-WIDE 28mm f2.8
- Canon FD 50mm 1:1.8
- FD to Xmount adapter to use older Canon lenses on XT1
- extra batteries for both cameras
- 3 Sandisk 32gb memory cards
- 2 rolls of B&W film (usually Ilford HP5 400)
- Camkix 0.65x wide angle & 180 degree fisheye lens for mobile shots on iPhone – mostly for experimenting
- Passport – explore!
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at firstname.lastname@example.org! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.