ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Tobias Eriksson’s Camera bag! (Bag No136)
I am a 44 year old jack of all trades currently living in a small city on the West coast of Sweden. I’ve been continuously photographing since my late teens. In recent years I’ve also begun compiling older pictures with publications or exhibitions in mind.
In my business of trading in vintage cameras I have held many types of cameras in my hands. The ones in my bag are the ones I’ve most come to rely and depend on.
I usually photograph the odd details, the broken things. Human beings in relation to size or light. I seem to have an eye for unexpected compositions which some people dismiss and some people adore. As in “street” photography coincidence is my friend.
My camera bag contains stuff for dedicated photo missions. On everyday trips I either bring a compact camera like the Minoltina-P or Olympus 35 RC or digital Fujifilm X-Pro1.
The contents of my camera bag:
- Leica CL with 50 mm Canon lens. The half-case is originally for a Kodak Retina Ia and fits perfectly
- Flare protection ring for the above lens
- Canon Demi C with its 50 mm lens (equals a 70 mm on a full frame camera). The half-case is of my own manufacture and is cut from a Voigtländer Vito B
- Fed 2 with 35 mm Jupiter 12 lens and modded viewfinder of my own manufacture
- Cable release
- Light meter
- Electronic distance meter (for the Demi C)
- Fomapan 400 black & white film
- Pens and pencils
- Note- and sketchbooks
- Small scissors
- Hooks and locks
- My smartphone with light meter app
- Reading glasses
- Usually a water bottle
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at firstname.lastname@example.org! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.