Dear Streethunters.net Readers hello!
Today I am happy to present to you with our latest Street Hunt video, Street Hunt #24 that we shot in Rethymno, Crete, Greece.
Older Street Hunt videos
Before I continue, I would like to list all previous Street Hunt videos, in reverse order, for your convenience just in case you have missed them:
- Street Hunt No23 – Street Photography In Athens With Greg Antikian
- Street Hunt No22 – Street Photography With The Ricoh Gr And The Fujifilm X70
- Street Hunt No21 – The 2nd Annual Street Hunters Meeting In London
- Street Hunt No20 – Flash Street Photography In Rethymno, Greece
- Street Hunt No19 – Street Photography In Rethymno, Greece
- Street Hunt No18 – Street Photography In Thessaloniki, Greece
- Street Hunt No17 – Street Photography In Rome, Italy
- Street Hunt No16 – Street Photography In Istanbul, Turkey
- Street Hunt No15 – The 1st Annual Street Hunters Meeting In London
- Street Hunt No14 – An Off Camera Flash Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No13 – An Off Camera Flash Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No12 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial Shot In Hamburg, Germany
- Street Hunt No11 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial Shot In Iraklio, Crete
- Street Hunt No10 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No9 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No8 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No7 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No6 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No5 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No4 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No3 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Street Hunt No2 – A Street Photography Video Tutorial
- Spyros Papaspyropoulos On A Street Hunt For Www.Streethunters.Net
About today’s Street Hunt
This video was shot during another Tsiknopempti night. In Greece Tsiknopempti symbolises the beginning of 40 days of fasting before Easter and everyone eats meat, lots of it, usually grilled. In Rethymno, my home town, people enjoy gathering in the streets and having small street parties with grilled food and wine or beer.
My Guest – Anastasia Nazare
This time joining me is my good friend Anastasia Nazare, a Street Photographer originally from Athens, Greece who was living in Rethymno when we shot the video. Anastasia uses a Ricoh GR which is her prefered camera of choice for shooting in the streets, due to its size and responsiveness combined with awesome image quality. You can scroll to the bottom of the post to check out the link with her photos.
In this video I am using my favourite setup which is my trusty old Fujifilm X-Pro1 with my favourite lens, the reliable XF18mm lens that is equivalent to a 28mm full frame lens. In addition I am using the Fujifilm EF-X20 flash for the last time, a compact external flash, especially made for the Fujifilm X-Pro1. Unfortunately this Tsiknopempti street hunt was my Fuji flash’s final swansong as it broke during the course of the evening and I now use a much bigger Yongnuo YN560 Speedlite in its place. For my off camera flashing I am using a cable to connect my flashgun to my camera.
To record the video I have mounted a Sony ActionCam HDR-AS15 onto my camera’s hotshoe using a tripod to hotshoe adaptor that can easily be purchased on eBay or Amazon.
We shot and recorded the video during the evening and we spent most of the time in the old town area of Rethymno! During the Street Hunt we had an amazing night full of laughs and as we took a more relaxed approach towards the whole thing, not worrying about our performance at all. This time the video is around 25 minutes long. It is just long enough for you to enjoy your favourite beverage and snack while watching!
So time to get comfortable and sit back to view this latest street hunt video shot in Rethymno, Greece!
The Collection Of Images
If you want to check out each photo I have uploaded every image I shot in a dedicated Dropbox Album called Street Hunt 24.
More on the Street Hunters YouTube channel
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
The Street Hunt video
NOTE: If the video doesn’t work in the website directly, please visit the Street Hunters YouTube channel to watch.