Hello Streethunters.net Readers!
As mentioned in previous post “Announcing the New Monthly Theme Contest Rules“, this year we have made some changes to the contests that we have every month. The new rules are also included in this post and will be included in each contest post from now on. For your convenience, here are the new rules:
So, from now on, you will be asked to submit your photos, just as you always did but we will not select the TOP 10 and share them with you so you can vote for your favourite. What we will do is share ALL photos with you and we will then each pick a personal favourite photo. Then Andrew picks one, Digby picks one and I pick one. The 3 photos we select are presented as the month’s finalists and are announced sometime in the middle of each month. 10-15 days later, we announce the winning photo of the 3 finalists.
November 2016 Monthly Theme Contest
So, now it is time for the Monthly Theme Contest for November 2016! The Monthly Theme Contests are a fun activity that anyone can participate in! Every month we choose a Theme. What we ask is for you, our StreetHunters.net Readers to participate by each sending to us a Street Photograph at firstname.lastname@example.org based on that Monthly Theme. So for example if the theme is Silhouettes, then we would like you to each send a photo with a Silhouette moment. Your photo can be taken any time in history, we don’t mind, as long as it has been taken by you and nobody else.
What Is This Month’s Theme?
This month we would like to ask you to participate with Street Photos of “Decisive moment”. We would like you to send in photographs of moments frozen in time at a decisive moment. Look up Henri Cartier Bresson‘s ‘Decisive moment’ photo to understand what we are talking about. That’s all.
Please follow the example of the photo we are sharing with you here.
What Does The Winner Get?
The photograph that wins the Monthly Theme Contest will receive the following prizes:
- The winning photo will be included in the 2017 Calendar. We produce a calendar every year that is comprised of all the winning photos. So, the winning photo for this month’s theme will be be shown on the page for December.
- The winning photo will be featured on our website in the respective “Announcing the winner” post and will also be featured for 1 month as our cover photo on our Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus pages.
- The Street Photographer whose photo wins the contest will receive a COSYSPEED Camslinger 105, a prize sponsored by COSYSPEED. Thank you COSYSPEED for supporting these Monthly Theme Contests!
- At the end of the year, we will choose our most favourite overall photo and use it as the 2017 Calendar cover. The Street Photographer whose photo is chosen as the Calendar cover will also receive a free copy of the Calendar.
When Can You Start Sending Your Photos?
You can start sending photos for this month’s Theme Contest from now and the end of the submissions are on the 25th of November 2016. The winners will be announced during the first part of December!
Where can you send your photos?
Please send your photos to our gmail at email@example.com.
- Photos must be 1680 pixels on the long side.
- Photos must be in Landscape format (The Calendar format requires this).
- Photos must be JPG.
- Photos can’t have been shared in the Street Hunters Flickr Group, the SHRC or the Street Hunters Facebook Group before.
- Photos mustn’t have watermarks.
- Photos can be taken any time in history.
- Photos must be owned and photographed by the participant.
- Each Reader can send 1 photograph to enter.
- A Reader can change the 1 photo entered if they change their mind before the submissions closing date.
All winners throughout the year will be requested to send their photos over in High Resolution (8mp = 3,264 x 2,448 pixels) by December 2016. Please keep that in mind so you don’t accidentally enter the competition with low res only images from old iPhones or smartphones with low res cameras. If you enter a film snap, then a 5mp = 2,592 x 1944 high dpi scan will do. We will not use your photos for anything else other than this event.
What Are The Following Themes?
Below we are listing the future Themes for 2016 so you can prepare yourselves and plan ahead. You will notice that this year, the Monthly Theme Contests are more challenging and interesting! So get prepared for the months to come!
- Woman (December)
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!