ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Michael Duke’s Camera bag! (Bag No106)
My name is Michael Duke and I pursue street photography in my hometown of Houston, Texas. The city’s habit of tearing down anything old and building anew, coupled with the fact that most Houstonians prefer to drive everywhere they go, can make street photography, here, a bit of a challenge. Nevertheless, people are what make Houston special, so I focus my work on them. The intent is to create empathy. My goal is to tell personal stories and explore the relationships people have with the place. I became serious about photography about two years ago and see my street work as a natural extension of my vocation as a journalist and teacher. Working in both digital and 35mm film formats, I maintain a daily photoblog at tumblr.com/blog/fujifojo.
In my bag:
- Billingham Hadley small
- Fuji X-Pro2 with 35mm f/2
- Fuji 23mm f/1.4
- Leica M5 (two lug) with 50mm f/2 Summicron
- Three rolls of Ilford HP5
- Moleskin notebook with Parker Jotter ballpoint pen
- Hahnemühle 4X6-inch photocards (so I can give prints to the people in my photos the next time I run into them on the street)
Thanks for your time and interest. Parting words: Don’t take photos – make photos. Use them to build connections.
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at firstname.lastname@example.org! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.