ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Muhammad Alwi’s Camera bag! (Bag No99)
My name is Muhammad Alwi, 63 years old from Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. Since 2013 I try to develop my skill in Street Photography. I was using mainly Lumix LX7 but it went kaput in May 2015 during a photo safari in Morocco. I replaced it with Lumix GM5. Although with a bigger sensor, the GM5 body is smaller and lighter than LX7. Like the LX7 I carry the GM5 almost every day. Unlike the LX7, GM5 has no special case and I decided to make one by buying a piece of leather and cut it using a template which I designed using a cardboard. Then I got the cobbler to stich it manually. I don’t carry the flash so the batteries and the SD card I place them in the flash pouch and place it below the lens. I enjoy taking street portraits both candid and posed.
Contents of larger bag:
- Lumix GM5 with a kit lens 12-32mm
- 2 set of spare batteries
- A spare SD card
- Black cloth pouch provided with the GM5 flash and I place the spare batteries and SD card
- The mini tripod I carry it in my pants pocket.
Do read frequently anything on Street Photography and shoot as often as possible. Quantity will help to improve the quality.
I have no website yet and I use my name above for my FB account. I joined many street photography groups in FB.
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at email@example.com! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.