ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Fanouris Vassiliou’s Camera bag! (Bag No94)
Hello to every reader and photo hunter.
It’s been 9 years since I got my first digital camera, a Nikon D40. Since then many things have changed. Mostly, the time I have to walk around and gather valuable images of our world. I now have one lovely wife, two adorable children and three great cameras. My job, fortunately has a lot of travelling mainly in the countryside, but to be honest I prefer to be be out in the streets of a city or a village because I love the human element in my pictures. Looking at my photos, someone might say that this isn’t the case in most of them. I don’t feel comfortable when taking pictures of people yet, but I that’s a bet I must win! I believe that we (photographers, like any other artist) need to read and study the aesthetics and perception of the image, and not just rely on our instincts.
The contents of my bag:
- My main camera, a Fuji x-e2 with fuji 18mm f2 lens on it
- Another lens for better access to people, the fuji 35mm f2
- A fuji x100, as a backup camera
- 4 sd cards Sandisk 16 GB,
- 3 batteries for each camera
- Glasses for better viewing (damn I am getting old)
If you want to get better then read “Art and Visual Perception: A Psychology Of the Creative Eye” and go practise!
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at email@example.com! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.