Hello Streethunters.net Readers!
As mentioned in previous post “Announcing the New Monthly Theme Contest Rules”, this year we have made some changes to the contests that we have every month. The new rules are also included in this post and will be included in each contest post from now on. For your convenience, here are the new rules:
So, from now on, you will be asked to submit your photos, just as you always did but we will not select the TOP 10 and share them with you so you can vote for your favourite. What we will do is share ALL photos with you and we will then each pick a personal favourite photo. Andrew will pick one, Digby will pick one and I will pick one. Those 3 photos will be the month’s finalists and they will be announced sometime in the middle of each month. 10-15 days later, we will announce the winning photo of the 3 finalists and we will also write the reason why that photo has one. For example it has an amazing composition, or terrific light, etc.
So, now it is time for the Monthly Theme Contest for January 2016! The Monthly Theme Contests are a fun activity that anyone can participate in! Every month we choose a Theme. What we ask is for you, our StreetHunters.net Readers to participate by each sending to us a Street Photograph at firstname.lastname@example.org based on that Monthly Theme. So for example if the theme is Silhouettes, then we would like you to each send a photo with a Silhouette moment. Your photo can be taken any time in history, we don’t mind, as long as it has been taken by you and nobody else.
What Does The Winner Get?
The photograph that will win the Monthly Theme Contest will receive the following prizes:
- The winning photo will be included in the 2017 Calendar. We produce a calendar every year that is comprised of all the winning photos. So, the winning photo for this month’s theme will be be shown on the page for January.
- The winning photo will be featured on our website in the respective “Announcing the winner” post and will also be featured for 1 month as our cover photo on our Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus pages.
- The Street Photographer whose photo will win the contest will receive a COSYSPEED Camslinger 160 Street Edition, a prize sponsored by COSYSPEED. Thank you COSYSPEED for supporting these Monthly Theme Contests!
- At the end of the year, we will choose our most favourite overall photo and use it as the 2017 Calendar cover. The Street Photographer whose photo will be used as a cover, will also receive a free copy of the Calendar.
What Is the January 2016 Street Photography Contest about?
This month we would like to ask you to participate with Street Photos of “Layers”. Anything goes as long as it is a Street photograph that has many layers. Only photos with 3+ layers will be accepted.
Please follow the example of the photo we are sharing with you here.
What Are The Following Months Themes?
Below we are listing the future Themes for 2016 so you can prepare yourselves and plan ahead. You will notice that this year, the Monthly Theme Contests are more challenging and interesting! So get prepared for the months to come!
- Two worlds on one corner (February)
- Rat’s eye view (March)
- High heels with flash (April)
- From the nose up (May)
- Neck ties (June)
- Eccentrics (July)
- Beach Photography (August)
- Tattoos (September)
- Smoking (October)
- Décisive moment (November)
- Woman (December)
When Can You Start Sending Your Photos?
You can start sending photos for this month’s Theme Contest from now and the end of the submissions are on the 26th of January 2016.
We understand that we haven’t given you a lot of days to submit your work this time, but we have been extra busy and we didn’t find the time to sort this before today.
The winners will be announced during the first part of February!
- Photos must be 1680 pixels on the long side.
- Photos must be in Landscape format (The Calendar format requires this).
- Photos must be JPG.
- Photos can’t have been shared in the Street Hunters Flickr Group, the SHRC or the Street Hunters Facebook Group before.
- Photos mustn’t have watermarks.
- Photos can be taken any time in history.
- Photos must be owned and photographed by the participant.
- Each Reader can send 1 photograph to enter.
- A Reader can change the 1 photo entered if they change their mind before the submissions closing date.
All winners throughout the year will be requested to send their photos over in High Resolution (8mp = 3,264 x 2,448 pixels) by December 2016. Please keep that in mind so you don’t accidentally enter the competition with low res only images from old iPhones or smartphones with low res cameras. If you enter a film snap, then a 5mp = 2,592 x 1944 high dpi scan will do. We will not use your photos for anything else other than this event. So, don’t just sit there! Email us your photos at email@example.com now!
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!