Dear Streethunters.net Readers,
At the beginning of 2015 we organised our first joint exhibition in an art gallery in Athens. It was a huge success with a total of 30 photos from all over the world hanging on display for more than 15 days. The photography lovers of Athens honoured us with their presence. Participation was great and we found that the experience was invigorating and exhilarating. You can read more about the event in the following two posts:
- The Streethunters.net Readers Exhibition Part 1 of 2
- The Streethunters.net Readers Exhibition Part 2 of 2
This year we are planning to get our 2nd Streethunters.net Readers Exhibition organised. We would like to get more photos displayed, this time in another city. The city can be anywhere in the world, that is still something we haven’t decided upon. We would like this exhibition to be hosted sometime during January 2016. It would be amazing to see our photos hanging in a gallery in Paris, Rome, London, Tokyo, Berlin, New York or any other big city!
Looking for someone to organise this
We are only three people at Street Hunters – two of us based in Europe, and one in the USA, so it will be quite difficult to get all this organised without the help of a local person, someone that knows the ins and outs of their city, someone that is a good communicator and an excellent organiser. So, if there is anybody out there that owns a gallery, or knows someone who owns a gallery, or has access to a gallery and feels like organising this for us, please contact us as soon as possible!
What does this someone have to do
Basically we need someone that can do the following for us:
- Find a gallery or venue in their home city that would like to host the exhibition
- Get us in touch with the venue so we can negotiate costs, dates, etc.
- Organise printing the photos on Kapa Fix and getting a quote for the printing.
- Ask the gallery if they are willing to setup the exhibition for us.
- If they do set up the exhibition for us let us know so we can negotiate a price.
- If they don’t set up the exhibition for us our organiser will need to do it, or find someone with a good artistic taste to set it up. I had a friend that set it up for me and my sister and her husband took it down. If the venue is close, you can arrange this yourself.
- Organise designing & printing fliers for the event.
- Get us in touch with the printer to negotiate a price.
So, if there is anybody out there that is interested in doing this for us, please contact us so we can discuss the terms of this project. You can contact us via our contact page or via our Facebook page, whatever is more convenient for you.
We will be looking forward to hearing from you!
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!