Inside Andy Wasley’s camera bag
ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Andy Wasley’s Camera bag! (Bag No61)
Hullo Street Hunters!
I’m Andy Wasley, a street photographer based in London. I got in to street photography while working in the Middle East in early 2014, and have been an avid street shooter since. I love travelling and have bene lucky enough to visit cities like Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, Gdansk and Las Vegas to do street photography (and New York very soon!). I started out using an Olympus OM-D E-M5 with the brilliant 17mm f/1.8 manual lens; recently, though, I’ve been shooting more with an Olympus OM-4Ti 35mm film SLR – an absolute joy to use. I’m not a format bore, but the whole experience of shooting and developing film – and not knowing for sure what you’ll get until you see those negatives for the first time – is a little bit magical. Whether it leads to better pictures… I guess you should be the judge!
My bag contains:
- Olympus OM-D EM-5 with M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8 lens
- Olympus OM4 Ti with Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Spare battery for the EM-5
- Holga toy pinhole lens
- OM-to-MFT mount converter
- 17mm lens hood
- Film rolls (TMax 400, HP5+ and Fomapan 100 – testing different options!)
- Remote shutter release
- Mini tripod
- Note book
- Magazines and book
- Camera cushion – Cosyspeed Campilllow (thanks StreetHunters!)
Film is the future. Again.
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at firstname.lastname@example.org! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.