ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Scott Young’s Camera bag! (Bag No35)
My name is Scott Young, otherwise known as Craggin Stylie on Google+, and by day I work as an IT Consultant for a major software company. I travel all over the US and Canada, and as a result have extensive access to major, popular urban areas when not consulting. I started out shooting film photography over 30 years ago, had a long hiatus, but about 10 years ago rekindled my passion with digital technology.
I started shooting street photography with a Canon 5D MkII w/BG, but weight and obtrusive size/branding lead me to explore the world of mirrorless. I now shoot Fujifilm and love the results their sensors produce.
I’m also prolific for using the written word as accompaniment to my photographs. I feel this strengthens impact and allows a further peak into the photographer’s mind whenever a strong title and caption are added.
My Tenba messenger-style bag contains:
- Fujifilm XT-1 w/XF-23mm f/1.4 R
- Fujinon XF-35mm f/1.4 R
- Fujinon XF-14mm f/2.8 R
- Fujinon XF-56mm f/1.2 R
- BlackRapid wrist strap
- Rear lens/body caps
- ND & CPL filters to fit all lenses
- Led pen light
- Lens cloth & cleaning tissues
- Fujifilm EF-X8 & EF-20 flash heads
- Extra 64Gb 95Mb/s Extreme Pro SD cards
- 3 extra Fuji-brand batteries
- Extra AAA batteries (for EF-20 flash head)
- Mobile phone battery back-up w/iPhone cable
- Business cards & ink pen
Go light, no fright, and don’t forget to write!
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at firstname.lastname@example.org! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.