ATTENTION – Send us your camera bags!
If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post.
Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Steve Birch’s Camera bag! (Bag No30)
Hello street hunters,
I work in the City of London which is a few minutes’ walk from Shoreditch – an area famous for its street art. I started taking photos of the endlessly changing art and graffiti adorning the walls which raised my awareness of my surroundings and its inhabitants and my love of street photography grew from there. The street has evolved from being the main subject of a photo in the form of graffiti on a wall to being the background where the drama of life is played out every day. I use an Olympus OM-D for the majority of my photography having moved from Nikon a few years ago. I love the size and portability of the kit. I have also been known to occasionally run the odd roll of film through my Olympus Trip 35 and Holga cameras when I feel like a change.
My camera bag contains:
- Olympus OM-D EM-5
- Olympus HLD-6G Grip (fitted to camera)
- Olympus 12-50mm f/3.5-5.6
- Olympus 17mm f/1.8
- Olympus 45mm f/1.8
- Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5
- Spare battery
- Peak Design Leash and Cuff straps
- Osprey Messenger Bag
- Padded Insert for above bag
- Notebook and pen
I still have a lot to learn in street photography but thanks to the Street Hunters community I have a great source of inspiration to motivate me. Thank you guys!
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at email@example.com! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags.