About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags. If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post. Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Mark Gaw’s Camera bag! (Bag No15)
I believe photographs tell stories without using words. When people view my art, I hope their imagination will scribe their own story. Over the past year my passion for photography has grown quite a bit. After purchasing my first digital camera, I thought my targets would be landscape and macro. This is now not the case. I love urban photography and street photography. Things broken down, rusted and abandoned appeal to me as well. I consider myself to be a photo journalist. My personality is introvert. This is something I embrace and accept about myself; it’s not a weakness. Believe me. In the future I will be publishing photo books of my work. Photographers who inspire me include Thomas Hawk, Eric Kim, Jared Polin and Henri Cartier-Bresson.
- Canon EOS Rebel G 35mm film camera
- Nikon D5100
- Nikon 35mm lens
- Nikon extra Lithium battery
- Nikon Battery Charger
- Nikon USB Cord
- Nikon Lens Pen
- Ultra 32 GB Memory card
- Giottos Rocket Air Blaster
- Rapid RS Sport Strap
Seize the day and keep it simple. Now stop drooling over my equipment and go shoot a lot of photos.
You can find my photos on Flickr : https://www.flickr.com/photos/markgaw/
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at email@example.com! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!