About “What’s in your camera bag Street Hunter!”
In June 2014 we started sharing the contents of the Camera Bag of one of you, one of our awesome StreetHunters.net Readers every week! All images and text in these posts are written by the Readers presenting their camera bags. If you want to participate, please read the rules of participation at the end of the post. Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!
Inside Luigi Caruso’s Camera bag! (Bag No12)
Here’s Luigi, one of the many italians in London. I love old film cameras and I love to collect as many as I can. Despite my addiction to old full metal jacketed film cameras when I’m on the street I like to travel light and not attract too much attention, so I try to carry around as little gear as possible. I’m not big fan of camera bags so I just throw everything in an old bag (or an even older and much uglier backpack). I use my Ricoh GR1s in daylight or for indoor gigs (with the flash) while I use the Fuji X-Pro1 when there is too little light even for pushed films or I don’t have enough money to afford to shoot film. My favourite film emulsions are Fuji Neopan 400 and Fuji C200 (but I’m not fussy and like to try different stuff and experiment with everything I can find cheap on ebay or silverprint).
- Ricoh GR1s (with his poach)
- Fujifilm Neopan 400 (1 Roll)
- Fujifilm C200 (1 Roll)
- Fujifilm X-Pro1
- Fujinon 18mm f2
- Fujinon 35mm f1.4 (usually left at home)
- Spare Battery
- Scarf (to wrap the X-Pro1 while in the bag)
- Umbrella (you always need one in London)
There are loads of other stuff that I would like to buy like a Joby GorillaGrip or a fuji flash ef-x20, in the meantime I will keep it simple, enjoying London’s gloomy days and shooting with what I have (which is more than enough).
You can find out more about my photography at the following links:
- GooglePlus: https://plus.google.com/+
Rules of participation
Each person that submits the contents of his bag will also be allowed 150 words to describe her / him self to the rest of the StreetHunters.net Readers via the www.streethunters.net website pages! We will even allow one link, back to your website! It will be loads of fun! Why? Well, because we will start to get to know each other through these small 150 word descriptions and of course through the contents of each one’s bags! Now, when we say Camera Bag, it doesn’t have to literally be a bag. It could be a pouch, a backpack, pockets of a jacket, whatever. All we need is the list of all the contents and a photo of those contents on a wooden or carpeted (preferably) floor from above. What must be included in the email you send us? Here is the list of things you need to provide us with in order to have a valid entry:
- 150 word description of yourself and your Street Photography quirks, habits, tips, whatever. 150 words MAX.
- Photo of the contents of your bag and your bag next to those contents on a floor, shot from 90 degrees above. High quality, big size.
- List of items included in your camera bag.
- Link to your website OR blog OR facebook page OR GooglePlus page OR whatever.
- A closing remark 20 words MAX. You can say for example something like Thank for letting me share the contents of my bag, now stop looking into my privates and go take some photos!
We thank you in advance for your participation and we are really looking forward to finding out what YOU are hiding in your camera bags! Send everything in at firstname.lastname@example.org! Stay Sharp & Keep Shooting!